A MORE EFFICIENT AND COST EFFECTIVE MOBILITY PROGRAM
Identifying areas for relocation cost savings and efficiencies in a global mobility program often falls short due to inefficient processes and policies along with insufficient measurement tools.
A hospitality client wanted additional relocation cost savings and greater efficiencies in its mobility program and engaged msi. We benchmarked their program and made the following recommendations:
• Utilize cost estimates to determine benefit allowances and ensure that correct amounts were budgeted for services
• Use of alternative service options, when appropriate, for lump sum moves
• Convert higher lump sum policy tiers to managed program
• Institute consistent processes and policy across all business units
• Implement new technologies, enabling the client to readily analyze critical cost and performance data and project future expenditures
Once these measures were in place, projected relocation cost savings were significant. For example, in moving higher lump sum amounts to a managed program, projected annual savings were approximately $285,000.