Australia – Anticipated report released on the 457 visa program
The Minister for Immigration and Border Protection, Scott Morrison MP, released yesterday the much anticipated report on the 457 program. At present, these are only recommendations that sponsors should be aware of.
- No Labor Market Testing (LMT)
- Have a 10% variance in TSMIT – Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold and retain the current salary minimum for 2 years
- The current training options will be replaced by an annual contribution to a training fund by employers
- More nationalities to be included in the exemption list for English language tests
- Standard Business Sponsorship (SBS) to be approved for five years rather than the current three
- Cessation of employment notification will be extended from the current 10 days out to 28 days
- Applicants applying for ENS will have to be employed with their sponsor 2 years before applying
- Greater emphasis on monitoring and sharing information with the ATO (Australian Taxation Office)
For more information on msi Global Immigration Services" href="http://msiimmigration.com/" target="_blank">msi’s Immigration Services or for any questions, please contact us at email@example.com. This news alert was prepared using information provided by Visa Executive.