Call us now on +1 603 274 9100 Or contact us online using the form below
New Year Resolutions for your Home
Have you ever wondered who started the tradition of the New Year’s resolution. I can’t help you with that, but there is some writing that indicates the tradition of the New Year’s resolution began as early as 2600 B.C. as a way to reflect on the past and plan ahead. Are you a homeowner and need a few resolutions this new year?
Check the list below.
· Review your home safety. Replace batteries in the smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, check expiration dates on fire extinguishers, clear debris from vents and areas around your furnace or generator. Replace/replenish your first aid kits. Review evacuation plans with your family and make adjustments as necessary
· Replace furnace filters (this should be done every couple of months). Clean the humidifier. These two items are worked hard this time of year.
· Lubricate the garage door springs, I know I’d hate for the door to be stuck on those cold and windy February mornings.
· Stuck in the house: seal the tile grout, clean the dishwasher drain bin, refrigerator coils and other appliances. Clear drains by pouring a half cup of baking soda followed by a half cup of vinegar down the drain (remember grade school volcanoes?) after 10 minutes flush it out with boiling water.
· Live in a cold weather state: stock up on snow and ice removal supplies, move these supplies to a convenient location. If you haven’t done it already cover your air conditioning units. If your home is vacant – have it winterized. It takes very little water and time for a leak to cause significant damage.
· Review your homeowner’s insurance policies: Did you build an addition, purchase new furniture, appliances, jewelry? It may be wise to increase your coverage. It might also be a good time to shop rates. Since you are already calling the insurance agent, you may as well pull out that auto policy and check that too!