Global Employer Services
Relocation, immigration, remote working, virtual assignments, and GEO
With MSI GTS.
Remote Working and Virtual Assignments
Will your remote worker be accepted as being a contractor in the country of residence?
Will your remote worker be regarded as employee for the purposes of payroll tax laws?
Policy considerations? – Which type of employee should supported and which not (performance record, potential, business criticality etc…?)
Home office set up – What obligations are there under ‘duty of care’ local rules/customs & practice?
Have you completed a recent right to work check for your employees?
Do all your employees hold the required work permissions they need to perform in their country of employment?
Do you experience limitations due to immigration quotas?
What is the cost of the employee in the remote working location, what is the impact on the customer/client engagement financials?
Risk and Compliance
Companies encounter multidisciplinary challenges when setting up remote working options or approving a mobilization. These challenges require completing a due diligence to review the following technical risks:
- Taxation: Understanding of employee’s income tax payments at the new location; setting up a process to minimize company’s exposure to a Permanent Establishment Risk and transfer pricing for the new jurisdiction.
- Immigration: Understanding of the compulsory documentation, registration requirements and processes that need to be completed before on boarding an employee at a new location. Right to work checks.
- Payroll: Knowledge of local social security requirements & local compensation & benefits rules at new location.
- Labor and Employment: Understanding of all Labour and Employment local rules at new location.
The MSI GTS design thinking methodology helps your organization reach its desired future state, fix issues, harmonize globally & move from being tactical to becoming strategic. It is conduit that connects great ideas & minds, forming a consensus and call to action.
- Define – Ideate – Analyze – Design – Test
Let’s Engage – email: Kim.Raymond@msigts.com